As I explain further in The Scientific Disconnect, though our scientific advances thus far have been astonishing, we seem to be missing a feeling of connection from the common citizens (us) to science and academia. We also appear to be missing the connections between different fields of science and academia. This website is my journey to provoke thoughts about the questions currently unanswered by science, and to learn how making connections could lead to change and discovery about the world and society we live in.
Below is an ongoing and ever-changing list of subjects to explore.
Each subject is presented along with questions that have not been fully explored or answered by the experts. Additional links and information related to these subjects and their questions will be added as my journey continues. My hope is that this list can be used as a place for you to start thinking about these questions, forming connections, and finding topics to learn more about.
The study of matter, energy, space, and time.
- What is time and does it exist within the human mind?
- Are we living in a multi-verse (i.e., multiple universe)?
- Can we explain the double-split experiment?
The study of molecules and their interactions with each other.
- How did earth’s early molecules combine in order to create life?
- How can we fix the environmental disasters caused by humans?
- What are pheromones and how do they react with our brains?
The study of living organisms.
- How does the world of fungi work and what can we learn from it?
- Do trees know more than we think?
- What did the first life on earth look like and how did we get to where we are today?
- How does the human brain work?
The study of our (human) past.
- What is the story of our ancestors?
- How have recent archaeological discoveries shaped our thoughts about history?
- If history repeats itself, what can we learn from our past?
- How did language start?
The study of what makes us human.
- How did our hunter gatherer ancestors live?
- What was the first religion that ever existed?
- Are there fundamental values which people who live in different cultures or time periods have in common?
- What do the different religions of the world have in common, and is there more we can learn from the myths told by our ancestors?
The scientific study of the mind and behavior.
- How biased are we, and how much do our biases impact our lives?
- How are memories stored and retrieved?
- What is consciousness?
- Are we living in a modern world with brains that were formed by foragers?
- How do we make decisions?
The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.
- Why are we here?
- What lies within our subconscious?
- How can we find meaning in life?
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search form to search the site.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.